From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Old IDE drives and the "newer" PATA kernel drivers
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 15:57:11
1 On 08/27/2010 01:10 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Friday 27 August 2010 09:49:41 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> Anyway, make sure you have a bootable Linux CD/DVD handy. That way, you
4 >> won't be able to blow anything up and can boot from it in order to
5 >> change your /etc/fstab and grub conf.
6 >
7 > Alternatively, give your partitions Labels and reconfigure /etc/fstab to use
8 > those.
9 > Then you don't have to worry about the changes to the device-names.
10
11 I second Joost's recommendation. I don't think you can use labels on the
12 kernel command line, so your grub will have to know for sure which
13 device to boot.