From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any vbox made gentoo vm appliances available for dload
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 01:45:14
1 On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 17:01 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Creating a gentoo vm has always been a serious pita to me. I'm sure
3 > there will be those who claim its `simple'.
4 >
5 > Simple or not, I want to bypass it if possible.
6 >
7 > So wondering if anyone here has (or has seen) a gentoo (vbox)
8 > appliance available for download?
11 I maintain a quasi-daily build of a gentoo virtual appliance. It should
12 work with kvm, vmware, and virutalbox (and possibly xen?).
13
14 The list of packages installed are:
15
16 http://starship.python.net/crew/marduk/base-dist-package.lst
17
18 The image is at:
19
20 http://starship.python.net/crew/marduk/base-dist.vmdk.bz2
21
22 It's a vmdk but I'm told it works with vbox.
23
24 This is just a minimal Gentoo install, I have specialized appliances as
25 well.