From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MS-Teams on XFCE4/Gentoo
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 07:09:25
1 On 18/6/20 2:23 pm, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Thursday, June 18, 2020 7:58:00 AM CEST William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> I ve just installed MS-Teams from portage and do not have webcam
6 >> video (it sees the USB code, but gives a black screen). I also tried
7 >> the linux download from MS and it behaves the same. The camera works
8 >> fine in teams on chromium, Firefox, zoom etc. under the same user.
9 >>
10 >> Has anyone any suggestions ?
11 >>
12 >> BillK
13 > Hi Bill,
14 >
15 > I have been using MS Teams on Linux for over a couple of months now and the
16 > camera does work for me.
17 >
18 > The settings I have are:
19 > - User added to the groups "audio", "video" and "usb"
20 >
21 > In Teams, I did have to configure the devices, the settings can be found by
22 > clicking on your "avatar", top-right of the window with your initials. (Mine
23 > says JR)
24 > Then select "Settings" and go to "Devices"
25 > I seem to remember it didn't auto-select my camera, but the preview should,
26 > when selected, actually work.
27 >
28 > Here you can also select a headset as audio-device.
29 >
30 > Also, make sure there is nothing else using the camera at the same time.
31 >
32 > Do take note, the Linux version is lacking several features that the other
33 > "native" clients have. Notably:
34 > - Only 4 camera-views at the same time (instead of 9, I believe)
35 > - No background-blur or image
36 >
37 > This means, you only get to show your real background or leave the camera off/
38 > covered.
39 >
40 > --
41 > Joost
44 > Thanks Joost, looks like I am out of luck - just a black screen in preview (I am presuming that means it wont work in a real conference). It finds the camera automaticly (no error messages) and is acting like its actually working ... but just a black screen.
45
46 oh well, it will be Chromium again tomorrow :(
47
48 BillK