From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Instrumenting the GPU
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:13:08
1 On 11/13/17 02:59, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I'm hunting a problem with cooling in this box, and I've got as far as
5 > suspecting my new AMD WX 5100 GPU.
6 >
7 > One of my BOINC projects causes the GPU temperature, as shown by gkrellm, to
8 > shoot up to 75C or more and cause intolerable system cooling noise. If I
9 > suspend that project but leave the other seven running, the temperature
10 > returns to what I hope is a normal 55C. Those seven projects are supposed to
11 > use the GPU, but I'm not sure whether they do in fact.
12 >
13 > Is there any way I can monitor what is using the GPU, to find out?
16 I don't know if there's a utility for consumer level cards that can do
17 this. I do remember for Nvidia there's nvidia-smi but I don't think it
18 will list processes for desktop cards.
19
20 The only other generic ones I can think of are cuda-z and gputop. Have
21 you tried one of those? Although I don't think it'll give you the
22 information you need either.
23
24 Dan