From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screen and Window Titles in screen
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:48:50
1 On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Chris Lieb <chris.lieb@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I am trying to get screen set up and am running into some issues getting
3 > it to display titles like I want. When I'm not running screen, commands
4 > like emerge change the title of the console I'm currently in (like
5 > Konsole or PuTTY (win)). When I start up screen, all I get is the name
6 > of the host that I am ssh'd into. I am testing only with PuTTY right
7 > now since I don't have access to a Linux box with X on it right now.
8
9 I use PuTTY and screen and window titles are shown in the screens
10 during emerging, etc... I don't think I've had to do anything to
11 accomplish this, I'm just using the default /etc/screenrc
12
13 I did find a great status-bar that shows open screens (gentoo weekly
14 newsletter? or maybe on this list... don't remember):
15
16 caption always "%{= kw}%-w%{= BW}%n %t%{-}%+w %-= @%H - %LD %d %LM - %c"
17
18 As far as the syntax of the hardstatus I think it may be usual termcap syntax.