From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NX Tip
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 15:08:05
1 Hi,
2
3 A quick tip if anyone else out there uses NX. Lately I've been
4 experiencing slower and slower session negotiationtimes, and
5 eventually it go to the point where it would timeout during the
6 connection more often than not, and reattaching a disconnected session
7 would always fail. Well, I finally solved it. In my user directory on
8 the host machine (the box into which I am connecting), I found dozens
9 of session directories in my ~/.nx/ directory. I deleted everything
10 except for the "config" directory from ~/.nx/ and now my connections
11 happen "instantly" and reliably. I just thought I would pass it on in
12 case someone else has the same problem.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Paul