From: brunogola <brunogola@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Samba !
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:37:45
1 Good morning ( in brazil ) guys :-)
2
3 I know that here is not the best place to ask this, but i dont know where to find information about my dout.
4
5 I have a machine running linux, and i'm authenticating in a windows 2000 domain (Active directory) using
6 samba, winbind and kerberos. What i need to know is if there is a way of making some other machines
7 authenticate in this machine, and this machine will ask the password for the windows 2000 domain (only for some
8 users, and the user need to be in the /etc/passwd). Let me explain: i have a user 'bob' that is not a user in
9 the domain, but it has your username and password on my linux machine, so he can authenticate. I have a user
10 bgola who has the username on the AD and on the linux machine, but the password isnt on the linux machine, only
11 on the AD. He can authenticate too.
12 Resuming: my linux machine will use the username database from its own but the password database from its own
13 AND from the AD.
14
15 Does anyone know if its possible? I saw something about password server @ the smb.conf but i dont have ideia of
16 how it works.
17
18 Thanks any awnser and sorry my bad english, i'm trying to learn :-)!
19
20 Bruno Gola
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list