From: Christopher Koeber <ckoeber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot start Slapd (OpenLDAP)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:45:14
1 On 5/22/10, Indexer <indexer@××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 23/05/2010, at 2:09 AM, Robin Atwood wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Saturday 22 May 2010, Christopher Kurtis Koeber wrote:
5 >>> When I go to /var/log/messages nothing is logged there. Anything I can do
6 >>> to fix this?
7 >>
8 >> Oh wait, /var/log/ldaplog is my customisation of syslog-ng. But slapd
9 >> messages
10 >> should be written with facility "local4". Trying it with the --debug
11 >> option on
12 >> the command line.
13 >
14 > The easiest way to find why your ldap server wont start is to run the
15 > command
16 >
17 > slapd -4 -d 256
18 >
19 > which translates to run in ipv4 only with debug level of 256. If the server
20 > wont start the first few messages should highlight your error.
21 >
22 > William
25 I tried to run this command but I get a "command not found". The
26 /etc/init.d/slapd resource script doesn't accept the arguments you
27 mentioned.
28
29 Do I changeoever to a different directory to run the command?
30
31 Thanks.
34 Regards,
35 Christopher Koeber