From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Flash player
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:20:55
1 On Thursday, August 26, 2010 19:03:30 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 06:40:18PM -0400, Daniel D Jones wrote:
3 > > As shown, I have Flash Player 10 installed. (I unmasked and upgraded to
4 > > the installed version in an effort to fix this issue.) On multiple
5 > > sites, however, using Firefox, I get the following message or similar:
6 > >
7 > > Sorry, the Flash Player version you are using is not supported by HBO.com
8 > >
9 > > It appears you are currently using Flash Player 9.0.115 and this site
10 > > supports version 9.0.124 and up. In order to continue, please upgrade
11 > > your Flash Player.
14 > > The same page will work in Opera. Firefox is installed via the
15 > > firefox-bin package rather than the source package. Fixes or
16 > > suggestions for avenues of investigation would be greatly appreciated.
17 >
18 > Is there another copy of flash installed 'locally'? As in your home
19 > directory? Check ~/.mozilla for a plugins subdirectory to see.
20
21 Well, duh. No idea how it got there but there it was. Thank you.
24 "Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." -
25 Mark Twain