From: Michael Shaw <mshaw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Developmnet Environment for PHP and PERL
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:26:14
1 Renat Golubchyk wrote:
2
3 >On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:25:05 -0800 Michael Shaw <mshaw@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>A. Khattri wrote:
10 >>>On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Michael Shaw wrote:
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>Well, my terminal does have some color, but not syntax hilighting
14 >>from within VIM. How would I changes this? I actually don't mind
15 >>VIM, as it is quite straightforward. If syntax hilighting worked,
16 >>then I'd probably use it.
20 >"syntax on" within vim or in your .vimrc
21 >"filetype plugin indent on" would enable filetype-specific settings.
22 >Google for some example .vimrc files. VIM is actually very flexible ;-)
23 >One pretty complex but commented example is Ciaran's. You can find it
24 >at http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/configs/vimrc
25 >
26 >If vim (or gvim) is not enough check out Quanta (for php development):
27 >http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/
30 >Cheers,
31 >Renat
35 Thanks you for your advice. I'l see if I can get VIM to work for me.
36
37 Mike
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list