From: Charles Waldman <cgw@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de, yks-uno@××××××.ru
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups settup broken? - please help
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:21:26
1 Hi - saw this thread about CUPS, I've seen the same problems since a recent upgrade, I don't think it's a permissions issue. The clue is in this error message:
2
3 "/etc/cups/${EPREFIX}/usr/libexec/cups/filter/commandtops" file not found
4
5 The string "${EPREFIX}" is appearing in that file name unexpanded; i.e. rather than treating EPREFIX as an environment variable, CUPS is actually looking for a directory literally called "/etc/cups/${EPREFIX}". This looks like an install-time bug. I will file a Gentoo bug report if it's not already filed. But, in the meanwhile, there's a very hackish workaround:
6
7 # cd /etc/cups
8 # ln -s / '${EPREFIX}' # quotes needed!
9
10 which will create a symlink
11
12 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1 May 13 18:11 /etc/cups/${EPREFIX} -> /
13
14 After this, the path
15
16 "/etc/cups/${EPREFIX}/usr/libexec/cups/filter/commandtops"
17
18 will resolve to /usr/libexec/cups/filter/commandtops
19
20 and you should have a working CUPS again.
21
22 Just a workaround hack, not a nice solution!
23
24 Hope this helps,
25
26 - Charles