From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choice of TLD for internal network
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 02:11:28
1 On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I've been running Linux systems since 1994, calling my private LAN mynet
5 > (bowdlerised). Now I come to install neth server on one machine, it insists
6 > that I tell it a domain name with at least two dots in it. But I don't have
7 > a standard TLD.
8 >
9 > What do you all call your local LANs? Following Google hints, it looks as
10 > though I may have to change all .mynet references to .mynet.internal. Is
11 > this really necessary, and is it a good idea?
12 >
13 > I can't possibly be the first to stumble over this one, surely.
16 What is the exact message? Search the codebase for it, and if it is
17 some hardcoded check I would submit a bug report.
18
19 I would call them "name" similar to you. I know of no special reason
20 to call them anything else.
21
22 Cheers,
23 R0b0t1