From: Francesco Talamona <francesco.talamona@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Davide Carnovale <francesco.davide.carnovale@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stage3 only for i486?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 21:04:21
1 On Tuesday 02 April 2013 19:51:17 Davide Carnovale wrote:
2 > Hi all gentoo people!
3 > I've been away from gentoo for a while, and I'm in the process of
4 > reinstalling it today.
5 > While downloading the stage 3 I noticed that only an i486 version is
6 > available. As far as I remember, gentoo was best known, back in the
7 > days, for being fast, as it was one of the first distro to support
8 > i686... am i wrong with this? if not, why only i486 today?
9 >
10 > apart from the reasons behind the decision of shipping only an i486
11 > stage 3, do you think it's worth the pain to recompile everything
12 > (like the old stage1) for a different arch? i have an intel i5
13 > processor.
14 >
15 > regards
16 >
17 > Davide
18
19 Your bookmarks are very very old ;)
20
21 The stage3 is available for almost every supported arch, see for example:
22
23 http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/alpha/autobuilds/current-stage3/
24 http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3/
25
26 those above are two links taken from:
27
28 http://www.gentoo.org/main/it/where.xml
29
30 HTH. Ciao