From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Xscreensaver is very slow
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:04:25
1 On Thursday, 20 June 2019 11:55:07 BST Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 190619 Philip Webb wrote:
3 > > Something seems to have changed in 5.42 :
4 > > I haven't merged anything else which would affect it.
5 > > I can restore 40 or 38 , but does anyone have further suggestions first ?
6 >
7 > I've reverted to 5.40 & the speed is back to normal.
8 > Does anyone have a suggestion what might have been changed ?
9 > The next step seems to be a bug report.
10
11 I haven't used xscreensaver for a long time, but your problem sounds like it
12 has something to do with the way xscreensaver now hooks into the GPU. You may
13 want to scan changelogs and devs' mailing lists to see if they have changed
14 something which disagrees with your graphics card/driver.
17 Regards,
18 Mick