From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] Network switch - LED will not turn ON
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 16:47:22
1 I have a computer that is about 70ft (about 21m) from the router I constantly get a very low speed over cat 5e (about 11Mbps).
2 Yesterday I've tried to connect that PC via Gigabit switch (Trendnet TEG-S80G) but when I disconnect the CAT5e cable from main router, the light on the switch did not light up at all.
3
4 I exchange the Trendnet switch with older one Belkin switch (that is closer to the router) and Belkin switch gave me green LED light without any problem in place that is 70ft away.
5 Plugging the Trendnet closer to the router worked as well.
6
7 So it seems to me Trendnet switches are limited how far it can be from the router.
8
9 Though, even with the Belkin switch having two green lights I'm still getting about 11Mbps transfer rate.