From: ellotheth rimmwen <ellotheth@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual Boot System Setup
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:55:32
1 On 1/23/06, Sean <rsh.lists@×××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Would anyone recommend which is the best method for setup, start with
4 > Gentoo or Windows?
5
6 Definitely start with Windows, it makes life so much easier later. I
7 usually partition the drive in two using the XP setup utility (which
8 is pathetic, but functional), installing Windows on the first 4gb or
9 so and leaving the rest for fdisk. Gentoo has about 6.5gb, and any
10 extra goes into the fat32 shared partition. (If I had more space, I'd
11 probably give Gentoo a good 10gb, to leave room for those
12 OpenOffice.org compiles...)
15 ellotheth rimmwen
16 * monjoy *
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list