From: derrickdb1@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm does not start on boot
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:07:45
1 >From looking at my system, I have:
2 DISPLAYMANAGER="gdm"
3 in the /etc/conf.d/xdm file. If you change yours to kdm instead of gdm and make sure it's in the run levels:
4 rc-update add xdm default
5
6 Unless I'm missing something, that should work.
7
8 -------------- Original message ----------------------
9 From: econti <contiemilio@×××××.it>
10 > Hi all
11 > to-day I successfully updated Xorg (from 6.x to 7.x).
12 > A little trouble only; on boot I receive the following error message:
13 >
14 > Setting up kdm . . .
15 > start-stop-daemon: option `--exec' requires an argument
16 > Try `start-stop-daemon --help' for more information
17 > *ERROR: could not start the Display Manager
18 >
19 > Well, I tried `start-stop-daemon --help' but I did not understand much.
20 > So I ran 'kdm' from command line and . . . KDE works!
21 >
22 > How can I make kdm start on boot again?
23 >
24 > Ciao
25 > emilio
26 >