From: Naga <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA config problem
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:34:45
1 On Monday 09 February 2009 19:13:32 James wrote:
2 [...]
3 > The mobo has an Nvidia chip, the video card has a ATI video chip,
4 > both only work under the Intel HDA driver. These are compiled
5 > into the kernel, not loadable modules. I'm going bald googling
6 > trying to find out what to do, or how to fix?
7 [...]
8 > No sound. Kmix has a red X over it on my kde panel.
9 > There are no choices there in Kmix to select on.
10 > HOW do I set this up? udev, hal, or evdev configs?
11
12 In the 2.6.28 kernel alsa is broken for hda-intel. Either use 2.6.27 series
13 kernel or use a live alsa ebuild.
14
15 /Regards
16 Naga