From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird and chinese fonts
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:06:17
1 On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 01:01:15PM +0200, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 > I've been having this problem for a while, but I never bothered to
3 > really look into it, but now, I want to do something about it.
4 >
5 > Thing is, when I view messages in Thunderbird - I use TB13 - that are
6 > encoded in GB2312 and have chinese characters in them, the font looks
7 > rather ugly. Unicode messages with or without chinese characters look
8 > much better. I attached a screenshot for you to see what I mean.
9
10 Hi,
11 Haven't used thunderbird or gnome3. Don't know much about emails either.
12 But I recently started using mutt and hence noticed that the difference between
13 the 2 messages in your screen-shot is that The OP's mail(the one that looks weird)
14 contains 2 parts one plain text part and one html part whereas the reply
15 (which looks normal) has only a plain text part.
16
17 Maybe thunderbird has an option to use a particular font when rendering emails
18 that contain html?
22 - Yohan Pereira
23
24 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
25 between a mermaid and a seal.
26 -- Mark Twain