From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QEMU guest fs is coming up read-only
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 08:00:49
1 On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > I've got a 32-bit QEMU Gentoo guest on my machine. For some reason,
4 > it comes up readonly, and other partitions aren't being mounted.
5 > Unfortunately, the initial messages flash by so quickly I can't read
6 > them to get an idea of what's going wrong. Since /usr isn't mounted,
7 > "less" isn't available. I fired up busybox, and ran "dmesg | less".
8 > There was no hint in the output about what went wrong.
9 >
10 > If nothing else, is there a way to greatly slow down the QEMU boot
11 > process so I can at least read the error messages, and have something to
12 > work with?
13 >
14 > --
15 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
16 > I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications
17 >
18 > Run qemu under screen with the flag -curses. Then scroll the screen up
19 like so:
20 # screen
21 # qemu -curses myimage.qcow2
22 Then use Ctrl-a ESC to enter scroll mode. PageUP will take you to the
23 kernel log when vm starts.
24
25 Regards,
26 Kfir