From: Crayon <crayon.shin.chan.uk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] headphones don't work since upgrade to kernel 2.6.19???
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:42:03
1 On Monday 02 April 2007 17:47, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > For me alsa-driver (not kernel-alsa) did not work with kernel 2.6.19
4 > too. I upgraded to kernel 2.6.20 and latest alsa-driver, and my
5 > problem was solved.
6
7 HDA Intel has been nothing but a total disaster for me. I built a new
8 system a few months ago using an AsRock ConRoe945G-DVI motherboard. After
9 the system has been up for a while (it could be anywhere from a few
10 minutes to a few days) the sound device would "lockup".
11 eg "cat /etc/passwd > /dev/sound/dsp" would just pause and never
12 finishes. Sometimes "/etc/init.d/alsasound restart" gets it going again,
13 other a reboot. Another thing was that the mixing was very flaky, it
14 sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.
15
16 I started off with the kernel alsa drivers then changed to alsa-driver but
17 the problem persisted. So I got fed up and a couple of weeks ago I just
18 bought a cheapo sound card to replace the onboard one, and haven't had a
19 problem since.
22 Crayon
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list