From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Synaptic touchpad sensitive after upgrade to Xorg 1.5.3
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 12:37:08
1 Hi,
2
3 After my upgrade to Xorg 1.5.3 I reconfigured my synaptic touchpad to
4 be controlled with hal. I copied the fdi policy found in
5 /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/11-x11-synaptics.fdi to /etc/hal/fdi/policy.
6 My only changes are disabling VertTwoFingerScroll and setting
7 TapButton1 and TapButton2 to 1 and 2, respectively.
8
9 Now my touchpad is extremely sensitive: when moving the cursor from
10 one end of the screen to another, I sometimes make multiple sweeps
11 across the touchpad with my thumb, and I find that all of a sudden I'm
12 inadvertently dragging a desktop icon or highlighting a block of text
13 in the browser. I tried increasing the FingerHigh option, but this
14 seemed to disable the click-drag feature altogether.
15
16 Which option do I need to tweak to turn down this sensitivity?
17
18 Thanks,
19 Mike