From: Ricardo Saffi Marques <saffi@××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Ricardo Saffi Marques <rsaffi@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Limit emerge's "wget" bandwidth usage
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:38:08
1 Is there any way I can configure (pass arguments to) emerge's "wget" (used for fetching) to limit it's rate to a certain amount
2 of KB/s?
3
4 I don't want to make a global/system-wide change, just for portage.
5
6 I did find a way to limit the bandwidth while syncing. All I had to do was to put this on my /etc/make.conf:
7
8 PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS="--partial --progress --delete-after --human-readable --bwlimit=50"
9
10 (for instance).
11
12 I do know there is parameter for wget, which is "--limitrate". Any way I could set this inside portage?
13
14 Regards,
15
16 Saffi
19 Ricardo Saffi Marques
20 http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/~saffi/
22 Laboratory of System Administration and Security - LAS
23 Institute of Computing - IC
24 P.O. Box: 6176
25 University of Campinas - UNICAMP
26 13083-852, Campinas, SP, Brazil