From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disk accesses per subdirectory tree
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 09:54:32
1 On 21.12.2012 14:42, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to put some subdirectory trees (of / and of /usr and of /home)
5 > onto an SSD.
6 > For that I'd like to count the disk accesses which go to a given
7 > subdirectory tree
8 > in some given time intervall.
9 >
10 > Is there any utility which can measure this?
11 >
12 > Many thanks for a hint,
13 > Helmut.
14 >
15 Just an idea: IMO it is not difficult to write a small program that uses
16 inotify to do that. Just register those paths with inotify and count. I
17 think there is also a inotify-using cron and a scriptable inotify
18 client.... a little search:
19
20 dev-haskell/hinotify
21 dev-perl/Linux-Inotify2
22 dev-python/inotifyx
23 dev-python/pyinotify
24 dev-ruby/rb-inotify
25 sys-fs/inotify-tools
26
27 The last one... just opened the homepage:
28 https://github.com/rvoicilas/inotify-tools/wiki and scrolled down to
29 "inotifywatch" - I think you'll be able to do it with that :)
30
31 Greetings,
32 Daniel
35 Get my PGP key at:
36 *
37 http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x837FB8B5BB9D4887
38 * $ gpg --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 0xBB9D4887