From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-x11 as a dependency
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:25:23
1 On Friday 29 September 2006 23:53, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm setting up a new system and I've noticed that xorg-x11 isn't
3 > emerged as a dependency of mozilla-firefox or xfce4, although neither
4 > of them will run without it. Can anyone tell me why this is?
5
6 xorg-x11 is a meta package that provides much more then is needed to run
7 firefox or xfce. Like Daniel says it's possible to use them on a remote X
8 server, so there is no need for a full blown X server installation.
9
10 The packages depend only on the parts of xorg that are needed to run it.
11 --
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list