From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Both ssh and nfs.mount are sending an obsolete ip address [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:42:18
1 On 02/10/2015 05:45 PM, walt wrote:
2 > To be specific: nfs.mount is claiming that its clientaddr is the old address,
3 > and ssh is claiming that its rhost is also the same old address.
4 >
5 > So, how are these two different packages claiming the same, obsolete, ip address?
6 > Where are they getting it? It must be cached somewhere on the older machine, but
7 > where?
8
9 Turns out to be dhcpcd, which was renegotiating an old lease but actually getting
10 a new and different ip address. It was assigning both the old and new addresses
11 to the same wlan0 interface, which seems impossible to me but "ip addr" shows
12 the interface with both of them, although ifconfig shows only the new one.
13
14 Beats me.
15
16 After updating wpa_supplicant I now have an even bigger problem getting systemd
17 to start the damned wpa_supplicant service, but I'll start a new thread for that.