From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] tmpfs for portage: how much?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 17:04:01
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2
3 I would like to use tmpfs for all the package-compilation
4 to spare my SSD from too many writing-cycles, but I can not
5 guess how much do I need. I'm rather limited with RAM,
6 if I use more than 512MB for /var/tmp/portage, my server
7 lowers buffers/cache to nearly zero and starts swapping...
8
9 So what do your think? Would it be enought to have 512MB
10 for packages like GCC, Apache, MySQL, Sendmail, Bind?
11 These are the biggest, rest are much smaller...
12
13 Jarry
14 --
16 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
17 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.