From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IP aliasing problem
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 23:13:33
1 ----- Original Message ----
2
3 > Thank you for taking the time to write Stroller. This has really got
4 > my head spinning. First of all, you're right about the netmask. It
5 > is 255.255.255.248. I didn't have a good understanding of what a
6 > netmask is so I thought it would be smart to change it for a public
7 > message.
8 >
9 > The server is remote and hosted so I don't have any control over the
10 > router or network. I've gone back and forth with the host but they
11 > insist that everything is fine on their end.
12 >
13 > I'm confused because I have in apache2 config:
14 >
15 > <VirtualHost 1.2.3.1:443>
16 > ...
17 > SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/www.example1.com.crt
18 > SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/www.example1.com.key
19 > ...
20 > </VirtualHost>
21 > <VirtualHost 1.2.3.2:443>
22 > ...
23 > SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/www.example2.com.crt
24 > SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/www.example2.com.key
25 > ...
26 > </VirtualHost>
27 >
28 > But if I request https://1.2.3.2 or https://1.2.3.2:443, I'm presented
29 > with an SSL cert that has www.example1.com for the Common Name. I
30 > used openssl to verify that the Common Name for www.example2.com.crt
31 > is www.example2.com.
34 I would suggest setting up separate access and error logs for each virtual host
35 so you can see who is actually getting the connection, and then going from
36 there.
37 That will probably point out your real problem.
38
39 Ben