From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Opera-12 license mask warning
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 09:46:16
1 On Sunday 31 Jul 2016 11:09:36 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 31/07/2016 09:56, Mick wrote:
3 > > I got this after an update yesterday and was left puzzled as to what I am
4 > > meant to do ...
5 > >
6 > > !!! The following installed packages are masked:
7 > > - www-client/opera-12.16_p1860-r1::gentoo (masked by: OPERA-12 license(s))
8 > > A copy of the 'OPERA-12' license is located at
9 > > '/usr/portage/licenses/OPERA-12'.
10 > >
11 > > Is it a matter of adding in /etc/portage/make.conf:
12 > > ACCEPT_LICENSE="OPERA-12"
13 > >
14 > > or am I supposed to go through some other ritual? Either way, couldn't
15 > > the
16 > > above message be more informative to do away with any guessing?
17 >
18 > echo $category/$package $license > /etc/portage/package.license
19 >
20 > I guess it's not listed explicitly in every ebuild with a non-free
21 > license because you are supposed to know how to unmask stuff on your on
22 > Gentoo system.
23 >
24 > The info is in the portage man pages
25
26 Ahh! Yes, I had forgotten about that file. Thank you Alan.
27
28 I was following http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0023.html and the
29 ACCEPT_LICENSE directive in make.conf as a way of managing licenses, but then
30 I found an entry about skype in package.license. Hmm ... I wonder who put
31 that in there ... :-)
32
33 I think this warning confused me because it installed the package and *then*
34 it issued a warning about the license. Usually the warning comes before,
35 requiring user input before it continues with the installation.
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick