From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two RTCs - how to choose in dependence of existence to eth0
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:17:23
1 Am 22.08.2013 19:24, schrieb meino.cramer@×××.de:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > there are two RTC in my system. One is powered by the
5 > power of the system itsself and will forget space and
6 > time if the system is powered off. This is RTC0.
7 > The second one is powered by a little CR3216. This one
8 > will not forget the time. This is RTC1
9 > The system itsself is portable and will be used with and
10 > without access to the internet (no ethernet, no eth0).
11 >
12 > Surely it is possible to hack together a script which will
13 > run at boot time to figure out the source of the valid time.
14 > But this is somehow less elegant and gentoo-ish as it should be.
15 >
16 > I didnt found an application (via eix) which address this "problem".
17 >
18 > What is the recommended way to accomplish this task?
19 >
20 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
21 > Best regards,
22 > mcc
25 I'm slightly confused. Do you need to use rtc0 at all? You can simply
26 configure your kernel to use rtc1 with CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS_DEVICE.
27
28 And for the hwclock init script you could add "-f /dev/rtc1" to the options.
29
30 What else is there to do?
31
32 Regards,