From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 3 automatic spell check broken
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:12:54
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Well, my ff-3.0.4 works correctly, so you at least have a working install to
5 > compare to. Mine was a case of 'emerge mozilla-firefox", oh look, it works
6
7 Yeah, I haven't been able to find any bugs or threads on this issue,
8 so it seems I got unlucky.
9
10 > What linguas do you have in USE, and what spell checkers are installed?
11
12 I added LINGUAS="en en_US" into my make.conf, I never had LINGUAS
13 specified before today. The issue persists with this LINGUAS setting.
14
15 The packages I have installed that match "spell" are:
16 $ equery l spell
17 [ Searching for package 'spell' in all categories among: ]
18 * installed packages
19 [I--] [ ] app-dicts/aspell-en-6.0.0 (0)
20 [I--] [ ] app-text/aspell-0.60.5 (0)
21 [I--] [ ] app-text/gtkspell-2.0.14 (0)
22 [I--] [ ] app-text/hunspell-1.2.6 (0)
23
24 I should also note that spell checking works fine in Pidgin, though I
25 think Pidgin has its own spell checker somehow. I also just tried in
26 Opera, and automatic spell checking doesn't seem to work either, but
27 I'm not sure if it ever worked, I only use Opera seldom for testing.
28
29 Mike