From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma problem
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 11:36:41
1 191228 Dale wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I've just updated to KDE Plasma 5.17.4 & can't start KDE
4 >> because it can't find 'startkde', so I'm back with the elegance of Fluxbox.
5 >> Can anyone tell me where 'startkde' is now to be found
6 >> or what its replacement is ?
7 > I think this might make sense to you :
8 > "From the console to start Plasma with xinit/startx,
9 > append 'exec startplasma-x11' to your .xinitrc file.
10
11 Thanks ! -- I'm now back in the questionable glories of KDE !
12
13 However, as someone else discovered, the L-click menu doesn't work now.
14 I didn't follow that thread in detail : did anyone solve the problem ?
15
16 I've also had another KDE desktop problem for a long time.
17 The clock on the panel claims it's showing EST (N America),
18 but in fact deducts another 5 hr , so 06:32 EST shows as 01:32 EST.
19 Has anyone else seen this ?
23 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
24 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
25 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca