From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fw: updating /etc/package.accept_keywords
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 13:03:23
1 On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 06:14:17PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 30 May 2019 08:20:49 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 > > > There's also cfg-update and there may be more tools to manage changes
5 > > > in config files following an update.
6 > > >
7 > > > The merge function is particularly useful, because you can see where
8 > > > your edits are/not affected by any changes to the new config defaults
9 > > > and reject/ accept one change at a time.
10 > >
11 > > Yeah, I couldn't live without cfg-update, especially with the
12 > > auto-merging of changes. The one caveat is that it isn't the
13 > > best-maintained piece of software out there. I'm mostly nursing it
14 > > along.
15 >
16 > conf-update works best for me. It also can use colordiff to highlight
17 > changes and can be configured to auto-merge trivial changes.
18
19 Hi and sorry for being late to the party due to occasional lapses in my
20 reading the list.
21
22 But I wanted to throw my two pennies into the mix.
23 I’ve never switched from etc-update which I used when I started out with
24 Gentoo back in ye olden days. But when I started using vim for everything,
25 I set my diff-tool to vimdiff. This allows me to import the new changes “my
26 way” and merge them with my own customisations very easily.
29 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
30 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
31
32 Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!