From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Plasmashell consuming huge amounts of memory.
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:09:53
1 P Levine wrote:
2 > ​
3 > On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
4 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>>wrote:
5 >
6 > Howdy,
7 >
8 > I did a upgrade recently and after that, plasmashell is consuming
9 > a huge
10 > amount of memory.
13 > ​Probably related to
14 > https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=141169 and
15 > https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-62117​.
16 >
17 > Try seeing if this patch applies cleanly to dev-qt/qtdeclarative and
18 > if merging it resolves the issue:
19 > https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt/qtdeclarative.git;a=patch;h=768f606cd3cd37c235e85225127201a42d272946.
23 I followed the directions here:
24
25 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/patches
26
27 I've done it a couple times before, still have some patches there now,
28 but wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything.  However, when I tell it
29 to reemerge dev-qt/qtdeclarative, it doesn't apply the patch.  Usually
30 it has a line that the patch was applied early on but I never seen it.
31 Odds are, I'm missing something somewhere.  I'll look into it more later.
32
33 Thanks much.
34
35 Dale