From: nexenta <nexenta@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 'wlan0: privacy configuration mismatch' with dhcpcd
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:13:52
1 Hello, I got a little problem with my wireless network.
2
3 When I try to get an IP-adress with dhcpcd from my router dmesg shows:
4
5 wlan0: associate with AP xy:xy:xy:xy:xy:xy
6 wlan0: mismatch in privacy configuration and mixed-cell disabled - abort
7 association
8 wlan0: privacy configuration mismatch and mixed-cell disabled - disassociate
9
10 What is the meaning of this??
11
12 When I manually set an IP with a script like:
13
14 #! /bin/bash
15 net=wlan0
16 iwconfig $net channel 11
17 iwconfig $net essid 'ABCDE'
18 iwconfig $net ap xy:xy:xy:xy:xy:xy
19 iwconfig $net key 1234567890123456 open
20 ifconfig $net 192.168.2.123
21 cp /root/dns_list_small /etc/resolv.conf
22 route add default gw 192.168.2.1 $net
23
24 network works, but sometimes the connection is broken and i have to unplug the
25 adapter, plug it in and run the script again.
26
27 Im am using a ALFA NETWORKS USB WLAN adapter with RTL8187 chipset
28 kernel: 2.6.25-gentoo-r7
29
30 Any ideas anyone?