From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: Linux tricks <linux-users@×××××××××.org>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ndiswrapper, broadcom 4320 and 802.11b
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:54:16
1 Anyone here an ndiswrapper expert? I would most welcome some setup help...
2
3 I'm working with a COMPAQ R3320US which sports an internal wifi setup using
4 the broadcom BCM4306 chipset. Installing the ndiswrapper and the correct
5 windows drivers, the setup process seems to go without a hitch.
6
7 However, the desired WAP uses 128bit wep, stealth (non visible SSID) and mac
8 filterig to help keep out the goonies... and me too aparently. I cannot
9 establish a wifi connection to the desired WAP to save my file.
10
11 However, dumping the ndiswrapper framework and plugging in a pcmcia senao
12 wireless card using the orinoco/hermes drivers works flawlessly...
13
14 What to do now? It'd be a plus to get this broadcom/ndis solution working, but
15 so far it eludes me. Anyone here care o take a stab at helping me?
16
17 Yes, I've placed the broadcom MAC address into the WAP already...
18
19 Jerry
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list