From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Back down to older version (emerge)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:52:53
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 04:29:25 -0400, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 >> > You can also make this change permanent by adding
6 >>
7 >> > >=mail-mta/sendmail-8.14.0
8 >>
9 >> > to /etc/portage.package.mask
10 >>
11 >> Neil was the above a typo? Or is it correct that using greater than
12 >> or equal to 8.14.0 in /etc/portage.package.mask will cause a version
13 >> of 8.13.X to be kept?
14 >
15 > It will, because you are masking 8.14.0 and later, so the most recent
16 > 8.13 package will be used.
17
18 Click... duh .. now I get it.
19
20 > > > to /etc/portage.package.mask
21 > >
22 > > /etc/portage/package.mask as far as i know.
23
24 > That's what I meant; my keyboard must have moved sideways as I was about
25 > to hit the key :(
26
27 Nice try at a cover up, but its ok to admit that a small person with a
28 pistol broke in and forced you to do it.
29
30 I've had terrorists break in and force me to leave the Apostrophe re
31 off of `you're'; leaving a stupid `you' in place of `you're'.
32
33 Its happened several times... I've changed the locks, I've installed
34 security alarms... nothing seems to stop them.
35
36 ... its just not my fault.
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list