From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: CFlags for CPU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 03:10:11
1 On 07/27/2011 03:58 AM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 >
3 > I am now using core2 as I was having some really odd problems after
4 > mixing flags after multiple hardware changes along with native. Core2
5 > is recommended for this processor, and I cant see the two flags changed
6 > via native making a difference, but the previous processors is no longer
7 > available to check.
8
9 Different Core 2 CPUs support different features. There are, for
10 example, Core 2 CPUs that support SSE4 and other Core 2's don't. If you
11 have "native" on one that supports it and then try to run it on another
12 that doesn't, chances are it will crash, even if both CPUs are "Core 2".