From: David Sveningsson <ext@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emacs and asian languages
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:26:22
1 Citerar "David Relson" <relson@×××××××××××××.com>:
2
3 > I'm using emacs.22.1 and it's having trouble displaying asian
4 > languages, specifically chinese and korean.
5 >
6 > From the menus, using Options//Mule//ShowMultiLingualText, displays
7 > Japanese correctly but shows boxes for Chinese and Korean characters.
8 >
9 > Similarly, I've got a HelloWorld.java program that displays "Hello
10 > World" in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. This file displays
11 > perfectly using Eclipse. Emacs displays the japanese characters
12 > without any problem. 4 of the 5 chinese characters are displayed
13 > properly, with the 5th showing as a box. All 8 korean characters show
14 > up as boxes.
15 >
16 > FWIW, the strings show up properly in my mail reader (Claws-Mail). The
17 > strings are:
18 >
19 > zh: "____________"
20 > ja: "_____________________"
21 > ko: "____________ ______"
22 >
23 > Can anybody identfy what's wrong and point me toward a solution?
24 >
25 > Thanks.
26 >
27 > David
31 This sounds like a font issue to me. Can you see the characters
32 correctly if you cat the files?
33
35 This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.