From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] what gives with -O[x] in cflags?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 20:10:45
1 I did not have -O3 in my cflags because
2
3 A> most packages have an appropriate -O level set
4 B> Some packages are sensitive to the optimization flag and will
5 missbehave if set,
6 C> letting the optimization level default to whatever should always be
7 safe.
8
9 -> therefore I did not have any optimization set...
10
11 So therefore webkit-gtk decides to be a prissy little cunt and throws an
12 error because it didn't have an optimization flag set, who the hell do
13 those developers think they are? If you think you should have an
14 optimization flag  SET IT!!! Just provide an override, throwing an error
15 just because the user was lazy in compiling it is not acceptable. =|
19 Please report bounces from this address to atg@×××××××××.com
20
21 Powers are not rights.