From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC upgrade from 4.5.3 to 4.5.4 automatically removes 4.5.3???? Wtf???
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 13:24:39
1 On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2012-09-07 7:44 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Tanstaafl<tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
5 >> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> This has never happened to me before...
8 >>>
9 >>> Since when did a simple GCC upgrade *automatically* REMOVE my prior GCC
10 >>> install???
11 >>>
12 >>> I have *always* kept my prior GCC around for a while, if not until the
13 >>> next
14 >>> upgrade, just as something to fall back on if the current one breaks.
15 >>>
16 >>> I am NOT a happy camper.
19 >> This always happens if the gcc your are upgrading to is in the same
20 >> slot as the previous one.
23 > Well, I've been managing this gentoo server since I installed it over 8
24 > years ago, and I don't *ever* recall a GCC upgrade removing my prior
25 > version.
28 >> And please write proper subject on emails. "WTF" is not really
29 >> appropriate for a mailing list.
32 > Don't be stupid. I see that all the time... if you don't like it just ignore
33 > it.
36 And calling someone who is trying to help you "stupid" is not very
37 mature. You are on your own