From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] device eth0 does not exist
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:07:01
1 On 30 Sep 2009, at 14:52, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:27:46 +0100, Stroller wrote:
4 >
5 >> I understand the reason for deleting this file, but the NIC isn't
6 >> showing up AT ALL at present. (as I read the postings; the post's
7 >> subject might have been better titled "Network card not recognised")
8 >
9 > I realised that from subsequent postings (the original wasn't too
10 > clear),
11 > although the OP did mention the card showing up as eth1 at one point.
12 >
13 > Didn't the e1000 module change name in a recent kernel release?
14
15 I carried this notion, too. I thought it was mentioned on the list but
16 a quick search didn't find it.
17
18 Stroller.