From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libqt-mt.so.3:
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:30:29
1 sean wrote:
2 > I am receiving the below error when trying to load a specific program.
3
4 what program?
5
6 > "error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open shared
7 > object file: No such file or directory"
8
9 sounds like you need to run revdep-rebuild
10
11 > I can find references to this problem all over the internet, but not a
12 > cure. This should give you system info,
13 > Linux tardis 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 #5 SMP Tue Sep 16 16:54:41 EDT 2008 x86_64
14 > AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
15
16 Gentoo is kind-of different to other distros, so unless the references
17 you found were all about gentoo, they're probably leading you up the
18 wrong path.
19
20 I think you've upgraded qt, hence whatever program you're trying to run
21 hasn't been compiled with the new lib versions.
22
23 HTH,
27 "Life and death are seldom logical."
28 "But attaining a desired goal always is."
29 -- McCoy and Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2821.7