From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] reiser4 status
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:22:49
1 Erik wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon skrev:
3 >
4 >> On Friday 15 February 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
7 >>>> ... I wondering where this fs will
8 >>>> go now ?
9 >>>>
10 >>>>
11 >>> It's in the -mm tree since a long time now and AFAIK one or two
12 >>> former namesys employees are still working on it.
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>>> It's in curse of import in kernel or totally abandonned ?
17 >>>>
18 >>>>
19 >>> Don't know.
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >> Reiser4 will probably die a quiet death now. Without Hans' vision
23 >> driving it, it will probably do what it's been doing for 18 months -
24 >> going nowhere.
25 >>
26 >> And it's highly unlikely that Linus will ever pull it into mainline. The
27 >> reiser coding style is somewhat ... problematic for kernel devs
28 >>
29 > That would be really bad. What is going on? Who is behind that legal
30 > attack on against the free world and Hans? Must be someone who wants to
31 > harm us. Is there anything we can do about it?
34 If I recall correctly, he is accused of killing his wife. Since he was
35 the one that was leading the project and he is well, busy, then things
36 have sort of slowed if not stopped all together.
37
38 It's not someone trying to stop him from working on the file system.
39 This is unrelated to that.
40
41 Dale
42