From: Nagatoro <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system audit
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 07:23:55
1 J.A.H. wrote:
2 > Hi --- Is there a way to print all of the installed programs by
3 > category. I would like to know what development libraries and tools are
4 > installed and also what is installed that I never use.
5
6 you could try
7 cat /var/lib/portage/world | sort
10 > Basically I want to remove everything not in use so that another upgrade
11 > will take less time. Once I remove a program, library, or something
12 > else, how will I know that there will be no affected dependencies.
13
14 Run
15 revdep-rebuild -v -p
16 followed by
17 revdep-rebuild
18
19 > Also is there something which will reveal that an executable or library
20 > has never been used or infrequently used.
21
22 Not that I know of but if there is I'd like to know too.
23
24 > Note: Why are there administration, laptop, and server related posts at
25 > gentoo-user and less at gentoo-admin or the other ones? The amount of
26 > emails at gentoo-user is too high volume IMO.
27 >
28 > Why not remove gentoo-user and instead add more lists like
29 > gentoo-install, or whatever else. The gentoo-user list is misleading
30 > since every user using gentoo is a user. It should be removed instead.
31
32 Misleading in what way? If we all are users don't we all belong here?
35 Naga
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list