From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Terminals not closing after exit anymore
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:32:00
1 On Friday 29 Nov 2013 19:43:49 Mick wrote:
2
3 > I'm reading all these messages about Nvidia driver versions causing problems
4 > and I'm wondering if for my next box I should just stick with radeon, which
5 > has not really given me any trouble for as long as I can remember.
6
7 Nouveau works as it should here, and I think it always has. The two snags I
8 know of are that it doesn't allow access to the graphics hardware by, e.g.,
9 BOINC, and that it doesn't have hardware 3D acceleration. The latter doesn't
10 bother me at all, though CUDA would have been useful.
13 Regards,
14 Peter