From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slot conflict for the same package: how to add a USE flag?
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 19:51:54
1 On 2020-05-20 14:46, n952162 wrote:
2 > You're saying, if I don't recognize it, I can remove
3 > it from the list?
4
5 The world file should contain only *selected* packages, meaning packages
6 you explicitly, purposefully chose and installed. That way you let
7 portage handle all your dependencies.
8
9 "selected" is the language from the emerge man page for adding/removing
10 packages from the world file. You can use emerge --deselect if you
11 don't feel comfortable removing these entries by hand in a text editor.