From: "K. Mike Bradley" <kmb@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PXE boot to linux
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 19:37:54
1 I am a little green with Linux but here is a poser for the list .
9 I am trying to set up a PXE boot to Linux for diskless workstations.
13 I have PXELinux up and running no problem.
17 What I need help on is how to make a kernel and initramfs to plug into PXE
18 Linux.
22 I know how to use genkernel but what I am after here is not just how to do
23 it but what to put in the RAMdisk.
27 In other words I need to build a test machine with minimal file structure so
28 that I don't have to mount the whole root from an NFS share.
32 I only want to mount the portions with user persistent data.
36 Any Ideas?
40 Thanks.