From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] *sob*
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:27:56
1 On Sun, 12 Jun 2022 00:42:56 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
2
3 > All of the followning statemens are true:
4 >
5 > 1. I am never not running seamonkey, it is always open at all times on
6 > my left hand monitor, If at any point it was not on my left hand monitor
7 > either I must have been going through a power failure or something had
8 > broken it, because it is working at the moment I have decided not to use
9 > emerge update for the next six months, two months in to that period at
10 > this point.
11 >
12 > 2. Seamonkey is my default browser.
13 >
14 > 3. Seamonkey cannot be launched twice, ie it cannot be launched on my
15 > right hand monitor because the monitors are using separte X servers and
16 > it would need to be launched twice to come up on that monitor.
17
18 The last statement is not quite true. It cannot be launched twice with
19 the same profile. This was the first hit when googling "seamonkey launch
20 two instances"
21
22 http://kb.mozillazine.org/Opening_a_new_instance_of_your_Mozilla_application_with_another_profile
23
24 Is there a particular reason for running two X servers rather than one
25 desktop on two screens? The latter completely avoids the problem you are
26 having.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 If God can't help you, how about Mr. Coffee?