From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:03:17
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:15:54 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I like this part:
5 >>
6 >> "Extremely simple MTA to get mail off the system to a Mailhub"
7 >>
8 >> ^^^^^ That part right up there. :-D That may be a new thread, if
9 >> needed.
10 > My first thought was "even Dale can't have problems with that".
11 >
12 > I soon reconsidered...
16 Well, remember me building a init thingy a good while back? Yep, it
17 failed to boot a while back. It sort of started but from what was on
18 the screen, I could tell the init thingy failed. I edited grub to
19 remove the init thingy and booted. Then I removed all the init
20 thingys. I was using the drop dead simple dracut to make it and it
21 still failed. After it failed and I tried to boot without it, I was
22 diggin for my Kubuntu DVD. It booted fine without it tho. Whew!!!
23
24 I'm thinking of something tho. Btrfs. While I have a new drive with no
25 file system on it, it's a good time to think on switching from LVM.
26 Hmmmmmmm. I'm currently on gentoo-sources 3.14.
27
28 Dale
29